Thursday, October 30, 2008

Glorious Day

I couldn't have asked for a better place to be last night. I was sitting between my best Arkansas friend, Anne, and the lady I go walking with on most mornings, Kelly. Both knew the situation and God knew I would need them around me. We were being silly and making small talk before Bible study started. Bran was across the hall getting ready for Men's Fraternity. Our door was open and I saw him walk out on the phone. He darted his eyes at me and I said, "Who's he talking to" and then continued my conversation with the girls.

A few minutes later he came to our door. He look at me with sad, puppy dog eyes and motioned for me. I got up, completely confused, and then I knew. I could see it in his eyes. He didn't have to say a word and I collapsed in his arms.

My sweet Grandma Arnold had made the transition from her earthly home to her eternal, heavenly home. While I was crying on my husbands shoulder, mourning her passing, she was praising our Father with the multitude in heaven. I'm sure she found my Papa, sitting at the river as Wade Jernigan said at his funeral, and took his hand. And I know they walked the streets of gold together and fell at the feet of our Savior. Praise God!

Brandon asked me if I wanted to go home. I thought about it, but it wouldn't have done me any good. I would have come home and wallowed in my sorrows. Instead, I chose to stay at Bible study and let my sisters in Christ love on me. I went to choir and I never would have guessed it would have been as healing as it was. We practiced a song called "Glorious Day". It was the first time I had heard it and it was definitely by God's design for me to hear it on such a hard day.

Glorious Day

One day, we'll fight our last temptation
One day, we'll meet our final fear,
Feel our heart break for the last time.
One day, we'll cry our final tear.
No more sad good-byes to bear.
No more sorrow anywhere.
No more breathing in the air of a fallen world.

O glorious day!
Glorious light!
Beautiful Savior,
You're a beautiful sight.
Outshine all the stars,
in splendor arrayed.
Eternity bright,
O glorious day!

One day, we'll wake up in your presence.
One day, at last we'll see your face,
run into your arms of mercy.
One day, we'll feel your sweet embrace.
And we'll join with the redeemed in the song of those set free,
as we dance the golden streets of a perfect world.


O glorious day!
Glorious light!
Beautiful Savior,
You're a beautiful sight.
Outshine all the stars,
in splendor arrayed.
Eternity bright,
O glorious day!

Holy, holy, is the Lord Almighty!
Holy, holy Lord.
Holy, holy, is the Lord Almighty!
Holy, holy Lord.
Holy, holy is the Lord Almighty!
Holy, holy Lord.
Holy, holy is the Lord Almighty!
Holy, holy Lord.
O glorious day!
Glorious light!
Beautiful savior,
You're a beautiful sight!
Outshine all the stars,
in splendor arrayed.
Eternity bright,
O glorious day!



7 comments:

Whitney said...

Such sweet pictures. And how like God to choose that very song for you to sing last night. So sweet. I will see you soon, dear friend.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Cari. That is just like God to give you that song last night. The words are a perfect message. I'm glad you have all those sweet pictures to remember her. Love you, friend.

one of nettie's girls said...

I wanted to comment on your other post but just thought it didn't go with pumpkin carving. I went to see your sweet grandma a few weeks ago but she was sleeping. I wish we could have had one more conversation. She was always such an encourager. The song was so fitting. God does look out for us. Thanks for the shout out to my Daddy. He thought the world of both of your grandparents. Just like I think the world of you and your family. Love you. See you in town.

Erin said...

I'm sorry for your family's loss, but what a special story you have here.

Lori said...

I'm glad you had a support system there...God's always looking out for us :-)

The pumpkin carving - Why is a vehicle in the same room as a couch? I'm guessing a couch is in the garage :-) Or maybe I'm hallucinating...Potato, Potata - Looks like fun!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. What a blessing that song was.

Mae said...

Sweet Cari: I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma Arnold. She was such a sweet and precious lady to me. I used to deliver her meds at times and she would invite me in. She was always, always so kind to Bruce and i am my kids. Please tell your parents our sadness is with them but we will someday worship our Lord together and never have to be apart again.
Much love,
Ms Mae