Friday nights in our house are simply referred to as "Fantastic Friday Family Fun Night". It's a given we will be together and enjoying each other's company. Sometimes it's a movie. Sometimes it's a Wii night. But this past Friday was football and it was all for ME!
You see, I will confess. I am a football freak. I love it. High school football and college football make September through December oh so enjoyable. Friday night our high school team was in the state playoffs. I had heard from an Athletic director friend in Oklahoma that our opponent was, as he put it, "the best high school football team" he had ever seen. Well, if that doesn't tempt me to go, I don't know what would!
Here's the only problem. It was freezing. It wasn't just cold, it was FREEZING!! I was struggling all day. I wanted to go, but I needed to be rational and think about my girls. I flip-flopped all day long. Go or stay. Go or stay. And then, when I went to pick up the girls from school, I got my answer. The football stadium's big screen was on and there was no turning back. So we all bundled up and went and cheered on the Panthers!
I know this picture is blurry, but I was shivering. It was 28 degrees!!
Oh, and we lost after leading the ENTIRE game. Ugh! So not fun. I won't bore you the details because all that matters is that we lost.
And then came Saturday....
Our good friends and neighbors are Texas Tech fans. They both attended Tech and when I found that out I knew we had to have an OU/Tech party on game night. We planned this MONTHS ago, before we knew how good Tech was going to be this year. I had been a nervous wreck for weeks in anticipation of this game. I love to watch my Sooners at home and in the privacy of my family because I tend to be one of those crazies that yells at the tv. But now I was having guests and it was supposed to be a close game. As it turned out, OU romped Tech and I had nothing to worry about. Poor them.
VS.
The sugar cookies!
Oh, and I will go ahead and admit it. I was a little obnoxious with the OU tablecloth and I forced them to drink from OU glasses. : )
Boomer Sooner!

5 comments:
Love it! What an amazing game!!
Sorry to say (actually, I am not sorry to say) that I didn't watch the game. :) I hate football!
CUTESY cookies, though!
That was the BEST game!! I'm also a HUGE football fan - especially when it comes to OU - My parents are the type that have an OU bathroom, game room, my Mom even made a fireplace thing with the OU wagon on it...It's all throughout their house & I'm borderline obsessed as well. It's what I want the baby to be brought home in, OU gear!
Boomer Sooner & I love the cookies, so cute!!
What a fun way to show support of your teams!
Ever since Russell became a student through OU, we are now, apparently, OU fans. He bought me two OU t-shirts that I am to wear anytime there is a sporting-ish party type thing of any kind. For example, tomorrow is "Bedlam Shirt Day" at school. I shall be wearing my OU Pharmacy shirt. Of course.
;)
Post a Comment