As you know, Brandon's birthday was last week. His parents weren't able to come see him until this weekend and Bran has had the agenda planned for weeks. His birthday was a great excuse to zip on over to Memphis for some world famous barbeque at Rendezvous BBQ. Well, we should have known we were in for an adventure when Gilbert (Bran's dad) said, "Boy, are you sure you want to go? It's sleeting out here". There was no stopping us. It was rain with just a touch of sleet. Nothing we couldn't handle. So off we went!
Here's the great thing about owning a van...
.....we all fit in one vehicle! So great, I tell ya.
Anyway, I digress.
We rolled into Memphis around 2 o'clock and were all starving. After parking in the assigned parking garage and slipping out the side gate and into the alley, we found the treasure we had been looking for. And inside were these beauties that Brandon had been craving.
And I'm pretty sure he enjoyed them.
Yeah, going by the sauce he had dripping off his face it's pretty safe to say he was pleased.
Oh, and in case you're wondering... Our waiter, Robert Jr. (not to be confused with Robert Sr., as the website says) is Justin Timberlake's main man when he comes to town. I was too embarrassed to ask for a picture. : (
We headed back upstairs to take a family photo documenting the days event, but didn't realize the real fun was just beginning!
Aww, how cute. We're all smiles and full of food and then we see it.
SNOW!!!!!!!!!
You know what that means! Another family picture!!
The girls and I were so excited! It has been a very boring winter here in our part of Arkansas. There has been snow and ice to the north of us and that's just about it. So we were so excited to finally be in some snow.
Now. The rational side of me thought, "Let's get out of here"! But the fun side said "No way! Let's go to Beale Street"! And so we did!!!
You see, Memphis has a Hard Rock Cafe. We took the girls there last summer and were able to share with them how special HRC is to our family. Brenna (my sister) worked for HRC and they were so good to her from the time she was diagnosed up until she had passed away. And even after she had died they honored her with a famous HRC pin. Anyway, all of this to say when we are close to a HRC we have to support them. Whether it's by eating or shopping in the store, I have to do something for the company that was so good to Brenna. And so off we went, in the snow, to Hard Rock.
See my hand? It's holding the HRC bag. Had to buy the girls a shirt!
Look how empty the street was! It was hilarious!! When we were leaving we got pelted with a couple of snow balls. I wish we could have stayed and played all day.
It was such a fun day! The girls were thrilled to play in snow. And I had a pretty good time myself.
Thanks, B, for taking us to Memphis for your birthday! : )

3 comments:
How fun! A sleeting adventure! I've been there and those ribs are to die for!
I can't see your hair, although I did try to blow up the picture, haha!!
Mmmm...sounds fun & delish - I COMPLETELY thought I saw you driving down the road in OK on Saturday or Sunday, I can't remember which day. I almost slowed down, but whoever it was, drove FAST.
Oh, goodness... those pictures are making me chilly.
I'm wearing my "I heart Cari" shirt right now. (It doesn't SAY that, but it communicates the sentiment non-verbally.)
Post a Comment