Monday, January 12, 2009

Changes in vision

Two years ago Caylee didn’t pass her vision test at school. I was a bit freaked out since we had only lived here six months and I had no clue what optometrist to take her to. The only option I had was to look in the yellow pages for an optometrist that took our insurance. And how, might you ask, did I decide on who to use? Simple. Whoever had the biggest and prettiest advertisement space was who I called! I figure if they are proud enough of their work to take out a full page ad, then they should be good. Well, the lady was fine, but a little too “out there” for my liking. She prescribed Caylee some reading glasses but said she would probably outgrow the problem and be just fine. She was right. Caylee has passed the last two years and no longer needs her glasses. But look how cute she was…

I have been expecting to get another letter from the school regarding Caylee, but it was a surprise when the letter came and it was for Baylee! Then it all began to click...

- the closeness she needs when reading 
- her favorite spot in the house is the closest spot to the tv
- when she's allowed to watch something in her room, she pulls her chair 
right up to the tv.

Bless her little heart, she was BLIND!

I had gone to a local optometrist last year and really enjoyed him. So when they called to confirm my yearly appointment I asked that Baylee be seen with me.

I can't tell you how awful I felt when she was in the pre-screening area. Guys, she couldn't read the top line! They didn't have the huge E, it was just a poster with different sized letters. I wanted to hug her sweet neck right then and there and tell her how sorry I was for not catching this sooner! Oh, and as we filled out the paperwork, she also informed me (for the first time) she had been having double vision! Sheesh! 

So today Baylee went to school with her brand new glasses. She had the weekend to adjust and was so excited to be able to see things far off. And another thing, people can now tell the girls apart!


4 comments:

one of nettie's girls said...

She looks so cute in the glasses. Love the red! Katie has them but only has to wear them when SHE feels like she needs them. They are basically for eye strain.

Erin said...

Good glasses choice--cute!

Lori said...

She looks so cute! I love the red color too!

Lori said...

Oh & I like your profile pic!